Thanks Katy but we get our info from credible, peer reviewed medical journals.
All the doctors and researchers we have read and spoken to agree that this is a danger to your short and long term health, both physically and mentally.
Simply put, it will screw up your head and your body, cause an inordinate amount of pain to you and every one who cares for you and then kill you. As I believe GP told you previously, your Aunt Kalani treated a person who had been through it and died of complications at the age of 41.
Most hospitals are now unwilling to participate due to liability concerns. No one who loves you would encourage you to do harm to yourself. Anyone who does, does not have your best interests at heart or are just plain too dumb to know better. Your Grandma Poppy nor I or for that matter your mother fall into that category. I can’t speak for your father.
All of the monies I have set aside for you are restricted for your education only. When you decide what you want to do with your life, let me know and I will be happy to have a check made out go the institute of higher learning that you seek to enter.
Try to find an interest beyond this absurd obsession. Believe it or not, there is much more to life than this subject alone.
We love you and wish you a very Happy New Year!
This is a list of websites and books to read about transgender that I got from a friend. I hope this helps some. I love you both and this is mostly for Grandma Poppy because she loves to look up all the medical information and everything. The sites in bold are the ones that have more info on them then the others but they have all been helpful for me.I wish to continue to have the both of you in my life and hope that we can still be a family and I know you are just sharing wisdom and guidance to me and that you are trying to protect me even though I am a far distance away and I truly appreciate that. I love you and Grandma Poppy soooooooo much. xxxooo
- http://t-vox.org/ – resource/info central
- http://genderspectrum.org/ – go if you can! It’s great.
- http://genderodyssey.org/ – go if you can! It’s outstanding.
- http://trans-health.org/ – go if you can! It’s free and it’s amazing.
- http://youtube.com/ftmtelevision – keep checking back because new ones are added regularly
- http://youtube.com/ftmkickstart – keep checking back because new ones are added regularly
- http://youtube.com/ftmtranstastic – keep checking back because new ones are added regularly
- http://youtube.com/watch?v=IxzKlPVceWg – an In the Life episode from spring 2012 about Trans kids and teens
- http://youtube.com/watch?v=gukzQ5eLrVc – the Trans Enough Project. An inspiring and empowering video.Must-reads if you can get hold of them – you may be able to find them at your local library or through inter-library loan, or get a cheaper used copy online:
- Luna by Julie Anne Peters (YA fiction)
- Parrotfish by Ellen Wittlinger (YA fiction)
- Becoming a Visible Man by Jamison Green
- The Transgender Child by Stephanie Brill and Rachel Pepper
- Trans Forming Families, edited by Mary Boenke (third edition, 2008)
- Just Add Hormones by Matt Kailey (author of the above-mentioned Tranifesto)
- Gender Outlaws: The Next Generation, edited by S. Bear Bergman and Kate Bornstein
- The Our Trans Children leaflet (sixth edition) – available from PFLAG’s Transgender Network for $2 US, or you can save and print it yourself for free. The booklet is their only source of revenue, so if you can pay for it, please do!
- TransGeneration (Ignore what Lucas says in the first episode about hormones being “very dangerous” – they’re not, not if you get them through a competent doctor and have regular – which usually means annual – bloodwork.)(The books can be ordered on Amazon or you can get the ISBNs from Amazon and bring them to any bookshop to order them. The DVD can be ordered on Amazon also, as you see from the link.)